At BGCY, we like it when our kids "accidentally" learn while having fun. We never take a single approach to help kids succeed. It takes caring mentors, such as our trained Club staff. It takes a safe place, like our Clubs that are consistently there for the kids we serve. It takes innovative, quality programs designed to empower youth to excel in school and lead healthy, productive lives. We do whatever it takes to ensure all kids in our community have a great future.
BGCY offers our kids three areas of tested, proven and nationally recognized programs that closely align with the developmental needs of all young people.
- Academic Success: These programs are designed to ensure that all Club members graduate from high school on time, ready for post-secondary education and a 21-century career.
- Good Character & Citizenship: These programs help youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills to participate in the democratic process. Program participants develop leadership skills and gain opportunities for planning, decision-making, contributing to Club and community and celebrating our national heritage.
- Healthy Lifestyles: These programs develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors to nurture their well-being, set personal goals and grow into self-sufficient adults. Participants develop physical fitness, reduce stress and promote a positive use of leisure time, appreciation for the environment and interpersonal skills.
There is no silver bullet to success. It takes an army of people, a safe environment, high-quality programs and unique experiences to level the playing field for all kids. Innovative programs, such as these listed below, are designed to empower youth to excel in school, become good citizens and lead healthy, productive lives. Click each link for more details:
- Staff & Member Pool Tournament
- STEM Activities
- Black History Month Education
- OH WOW! Virtual Science Activities
- Valentine's Party
- Diversity & Inclusion
- SNAP-Ed Programs
- Outdoor Activities
- St. Patrick's Day Celebration
Boys & Girls Clubs don't just do one thing; we do whatever it takes to build great futures for our Valley’s young people.